We provide FREE river-safe sunscreen to protect our Cowichan River!
What we put into our rivers matters. Ordinary sunscreen contains harmful chemicals such as Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, and Parabens which can damage marine life and water quality. Thats why we have teamed up with Stream2Sea to provide FREE mineral sunscreen to all our tubers.
Protect your body while preserving the ecosystems you love with this high performance mineral-based sunscreen.
- Contains our potent antioxidant blend of Green Tea, Tulsi, Wakame and Olive Leaf
- Broad Spectrum UVA and UVB Protection
- Water resistant for 80 Minutes of swimming or activity
- Non-greasy and won’t burn your eyes
- Contains 8.8% (Non-Nano) Titanium Dioxide
- EcoConscious Sugarcane Resin Tubes
NOTE: Applying a mineral sunscreen is different from what you might be used to! Apply in sections and remember that a little goes a long way. Reapply after 80 minutes of swimming, sweating or immediately after towel drying and at least every two hours.
The sunscreen is available for FREE at our counter on arrival. Help yourself!
Bringing your own sunscreen?
Here are some eco-friendly tips to help you reduce your impact on the river:
- If you can, avoid the 3 O’s: Oxybenzone, octinoxate, and Octocrylene. Check the label of your sunscreen for these harmful chemicals. Saying ‘reef-safe’ doesn’t mean it is.
- Steer away from spray/aerosol cans of sunscreen. These release chemicals into the surrounding air and water.
- Reduce your need for sunscreen by covering up. Bring along a hat and a t-shirt if you burn easily. UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor) clothing protects your skin from the harsh sun rays if you don’t want to slather yourself in sunscreen.